Kids Write 4 Kids (KW4K) is excited to launch its sixth annual writing contest on October 1st, 2017. We are seeking students in grades 4 – 8 to share their creative stories. The selected story (or stories) will be published both in print and digitally for the world to read.
KW4K gives us, at the Ripple Foundation, the opportunity to give back to our community, but it also creates a chance for participants to give back to theirs: The net proceeds from the sale of all KW4K books during 2018 will be donated to the winners’ charities of choice. In addition, winners will have the opportunity to be part of the judging panel for the following year’s contest. Each school will have the option to sell printed copies of their author’s book in their school for fundraising. As of 2017, KW4K has selected 12 winning titles. Each author’s book is available on Apple iBookstore, Amazon Kindle and Kobo. View previous winning titles here.
- To be eligible, authors must be enrolled full-time in an educational institute in Canada
- Authors must be in grades 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8
- Stories must be original and written entirely by the author
- Only one entry per author will be accepted; all subsequent entries will be disqualified
- Only single author stories qualify (no co-authored stories)
- Stories are accepted in English only
- Stories can be fact or fiction, prose or poetry
- Stories will be published in their original format, so please check spelling, etc. prior to submitting
- There are no entry fee and no purchase is necessary
- All entries must review the story checklist
- Suggested word count: 500 – 7,500 words
- The word count includes “a,” “an,” and “the,” but not the words on non-story pages such as the title page or those captions for illustrations or photography
- Invented spelling is accepted
FILE FORMAT AND SUBMISSION
- Story must be typed and submitted as DOC file format
- Optional images including photography can be submitted to accompany the story but must be original images created by the author
- All images must be scanned and submitted in JPEG file format
- Please keep original copies of images. If your story is selected, a representative from Ripple Foundation will contact you to obtain original images
Submission starts on October 1st, 2017 and ends on March 31, 2018.
Only entries submitted on this online form will be considered for publication.